We are only a few days away from the big Galaxy Note 8 unveiling in NYC. The TGSB team will be in attendance BTW. We're expecting Samsung to at least crack a battery-exploding joke at the event.
This might just be a slightly bigger S8 + w/ S Pen, 6GB of RAM + dual cameras.
We got damn-near everything there is possible to know about the damn phone available to us already via leaks. This thing will be massive and possibly the most powerful phone Samsung has yet to produce.
As far as specs, we're expecting:
- A 6.3inch Super AMOLED QHD Infinity Display w/ 2960 x 1440 resolution
- Octa-core Snapdragon 835 CPU
- 6GB of RAM + 64GB of storage expandable via microSD
- Dual Cameras on the rear: 2 f/1.7 12MP camera sensors w/ OIS + 2x optical zoom
- Same selfie camera from the S8: a f/1.7 8MP camera
- 3300 mAh battery
- IP68 dust/water resistant unibody
- USB-C + fast wireless charging
- Android 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience UX
Along w/ the main attraction, we anticipate a more waterproof version of the Gear Fit w/ the Gear Fit2 Pro to handle up to 5 ATM or 150ft underwater, tracking swimming activities, and offline support for Spotify. And lastly, there are talks of a newer VR headset to go along w/ the Note 8 (for some reason).
If this everything Samsung has to offer, will you be willing to spend upwards to $1,000 & higher? Or will you pick up an S8 or S8+?